Saturday, 20 May 2017

The greatest. . .

When you need reminding yes. . . you are the greatest. . . 

Uh oh running out of breath but I
Oh I, I got stamina
Uh oh running now I close my eyes
Well oh I got stamina
And uh oh I see another mountain to climb
But I, I got stamina
Uh oh I need another love be mine
Cause I, I, I got stamina

Do you have stamina?
It requires that you have sustained or prolonged mental or physical effort.  When we are in situations doing what we normally do, are we able to dig deeper and channel even more than we think we have?  Do we have reserve energy left in our tanks to do what needs to get done?  Just when you think you've overcome so many hurdles and obstacles in your time - there are other more significant challenges that come across your path.  Why does this happen?  I guess it has something to do with you being able to not rest on your laurels.  I'm not saying that you don't get to celebrate your achievements - I'm just saying that you should always be preparing for the next great imaginable challenge that takes you to other places you never even dreamed of going.

Don't give up, I won't give up
Don't give up, no no no
Don't give up, I won't give up
Don't give up, no no no

Why would you give up?
There might be people who outwardly say all of the right things and claim to be a friend, but behind closed doors they join the rest of the mob who would love to see you fail, because you have compromised your own journey to conform to other people's low opinions in the past - so why start now?  Never give up what you are locked down to commit your time and energy to.  There might be times where you see no end in sight and you will be your own worst enemy when it comes to self sabotage, but you also might start to believe the naysayers who see nothing positive in their own lives - so they try to ruin yours.  Tell yourself in each waking moment, so that you continue to stay work - don't give up, I won't give up.

I'm free to be the greatest, I'm alive
I'm free to be the greatest here tonight, the greatest
The greatest, the greatest alive
The greatest, the greatest alive

You can be free to be the greatest.
I have had people, not in so many words, but more or less in the way that they look at you and wonder what you're doing in the same room as them - especially if you look as if you don't belong.  I know what that feels like.  That's the story of my life in Western society.  I don't think I do what I do to try to belong either.  I know exactly where I belong.  I may sound like a white person but I don't look like one.  But see, the thing is - I'm not trying to be white.  I'm just set on being the best version of myself - no matter what context I walk into.  There will be no compromise about who I am, what I stand for and who I represent, even why I came into existence.  All of that was decided before I was but a gleam in my father's eye when he first laid eyes on my mother.



Well uh oh running out of breath but I
Oh I, I got stamina
Uh oh, running now I close my eyes
But I, I got stamina
And oh yeah I'm running and I've just enough
And uh oh I got stamina

Even when you are closing your eyes - while everyone has already been fast asleep or awake for that matter, you almost have to have it so that things are always continually moving and working in your favour.  Not because you want to amass any notion of power - far from it.  Having such a high level of stamina to withstand all of the critics and all of the people who never get past your face value, because they never truly stop to look and appreciate the value of your face - that says a lot more about them and their upbringing rather than what you could ever have brought into the room.  Be prepared to run and walk, skip, hop and jump where and as appropriate.  There is no clear indication about what pace we are going, we just need to be sure we're headed in the right direction.  Stamina is all you need in that regard.  Now you know why I've got stamina.

Hey I am the truth
Hey I am the wisdom of the fallen - I'm the youth
Hey, I am the greatest
Hey, this is the proof
Hey I work hard, pray hard, pay dues hey
I transform pressure, I'm hands-on with effort
I fell twice before my bounce back was special
Letdowns will get you, and the critics will test you
But the strong will survive, another scar may bless you, ah

I hope that whatever you are dealing with in your life right now, that you are in control of how you want things to be for yourself.  We cannot control people and I wouldn't want to either.  I'm interested in having healthy debates and arguments about things that matter to all of us.  Granted, I have been frustrated along with way, continually explaining and reasoning with others about why change must happen - but this is because we have never truly mastered the art of listening to one another.

It has taken me a while to write this particular blog post, because there are pressures and efforts that are continually thrust upon me - misunderstandings of events and situations that are no fault of anyone other than bad communication and an unwillingness to listen.  But pushing all of that aside, watching the dust settle and seeing what's directly in front of me, we should be afraid to assess our surroundings and take stock of the actions we take to enjoy our liberties.  Just as I'm rooting for your freedom to be whoever you want to be, I'm free to be the greatest. . . I'm alive. . .