Saturday, 10 June 2017

Sorry seems to be the hardest word. . .

It's getting more and more absurd. . . .

Sometimes it's hard to accept when someone is sorry because you don't understand whether they are being genuine or not.  Think about the different times in your life when someone was sorry for hurting you.  Depending on what they did, was it easy for you to forgive them?  What happens if they do it again, but the second time a lot worse, and say sorry again?  Would you forgive them then?  We would almost feel like we are suckers for punishment and should know better right?

What have I got to do to make you love me?
What have I got to do to make you care?
What do I do when lightning strikes me?
And I wake to find that you're not there?

Romantic films will have you believe that profiling someone and getting to know all of the things that they like and value can win you a place in their hearts. But we all know how unsuccessful this course of action is and before you know it, the guy loses the girl, the girl loses the guy - whoever wanted to gain but ultimately lost in the end, something like this happens.  If we are met with a rebuff from the object of our affections, and we are at a lost to know what to do, it's probably the best thing that you put it all out there, warts and all.  If they don't know what to do with you, then that says more about them than you.

What do I do to make you want me
What have I got to do to be heard
What do I say when it's all over?
And sorry seems to be the hardest word

If someone does not reciprocate or return the love that you so willingly give them, then it's time to cut your losses and think more about yourself.  Recognise that you don't need to do anything to make yourself more desirable - either people want you, or they don't.  If someone needs convincing about all of the cool things that you can do, the type of person that you are - have we become nothing more than checks and balances on a pros and cons list?  If people cannot hear what you are about, cannot hear anything that you are trying to say, then you are right to expect a sorry.  Just know that it isn't one of the easiest words to be able to string into a sentence.


It's sad (so sad) so sad
It's a sad, sad situation
And it's getting more and more absurd
It's sad (so sad) so sad
Why can't we talk it over?
Oh it seems to me
That sorry seems to be the hardest word

This is my 800th blog post on my blog.
I've written a lot over the past few years about love, relationships, about empowering yourself and holding onto hope.  Sometimes though, we need to know when it is time to walk away from situations that no longer serve our purpose, get up and move away from a table when love is no longer being served.  Have you thought about all of the ways in which you have tried talking things over?  The thing about talking is that people need to take turns listening to each other.  If only one person was doing all the talking all the time, I would think you were in church listening to a sermon or in a university classroom receiving a lecture.  Those are probably the only suitable times when all you need to do is listen, while an expert imparts their knowledge to you and to the rest of who is gathered there.

It's sad (so sad) so sad
It's a sad, sad situation
And it's getting more and more absurd
It's sad (so sad) so sad
Why can't we talk it over?
Oh it seems to me
That sorry seems to be the hardest word

Things can quickly become more and more absurd when people lose control of their mental faculties, have no idea about why their actions have lead them to an unwanted situation.  Do things get more and more absurd, when you think you've been through enough of the constant mix of tragedies and comedies that have become your life?  What if you're just so used to drama that you can't even tell the difference anymore?  You must start to figure out why things are starting to pan out the way they are - whether it is because you have caused it or you have inherited problems that have nothing to do with you.

What do I do to make you love me
What have I got to do to be heard
What do I do when lightning strikes me
What have I got to do?
What have I got to do?
When sorry seems to be the hardest word

I hope that you find peace of mind and find all of the answers to these questions.
If you keep asking me what you need to do, you will never be able to make decisions on your own, figure out how to deal with consequences that have everything to do with choices you are making, rather than rely on others to figure it out for you.  I'm all for being a good friend and helping people when they need it the most, but when they keep asking for advice about things that they already know the answer to - but just haven't put it into motion - then no more repeating myself.  Sorry is the easiest word to say for me, but for you, sorry seems to be the hardest word. . .